Cluttered, dark, and musty—do these words describe your garage? If they do, then don’t waste time anymore.
From modern roller garage doors to lighting fixtures, revamp your garage with these 5 ideas:
Eliminate the clutter.
Your garage is not a dumpster. To make it feel more like a room, you must make it into one.
First, set a day or an afternoon for decluttering alone. Then, start categorizing all the stuff.
Lay out three boxes and then label each with Disposable, Recyclable, and Useful.
- Disposable – Throw away things that are damaged beyond repair. These include stuff may endanger pets or children.
- Recyclable – These are things you can’t keep in the garage but still use or sell.
- Useful – Keep those tools or things you can still use in the garage.
Remember, you must only store those stuff with certain purposes for the garage.
Replace your garage doors.
While repair is an option, you might want to replace them to avoid more future repair fees.
This time, make sure you replace them with high-quality, space-saving roller garage doors.
You can buy first-rate roller garage doors today for a reasonable price. These doors sold in the market today have bottom weather seals.
Meanwhile, if you want a personalised door, you can pay for custom garage doors. With this option, you can add:
- Extra preferred security system or tools
- A combination of materials like Timber, Galvapanel, or Aluminium
- Any colour or shape
Install drawers and cabinets.
For better organisation, you can install a couple of wall cabinets and drawers. It will definitely surprise you how this makes a huge difference.
Hire a contractor to either install pre-fabricated storage spaces. You can also ask for a customisation to add your personal touch.
You must assign storage spaces for all the garage’s things, even the small tools.
Also, your storage spaces’ colours must be similar to the flooring for a cleaner look.
Invest in proper lighting.
As said above, your garage has to be a room. And a crucial staple to a room is good lighting. You wouldn’t want to work in a dark garage and get concussions, right?
You don’t need to add windows, by the way; you need the correct lighting fixture. Here are some recommended lighting fixtures:
- Hyperikon LED High Bay Light Fixture – A high-performing and lightweight fixture with motion sensors.
- Striker TRiLIGHT Motion Activated Ceiling Light – An easy-to-install light bulb that’s also ideal for basements.
- PrimeLights T8 LED HighBay – A durable, energy-efficient lighting fixture.
Redo the flooring.
There are a couple of viable options for new garage flooring. Yet your choice depends on your needs and budget. You can invest in either of the following:
- Multi-coat resinous system – A flooring made of pure solid epoxy, polyurethane, and polyaspartic coatings. This is ideal for high-traffic areas because of its heavy-duty capacity.
- Porcelain – For properties located in cool areas, you can install this flooring. It’s extremely tough and resists a range of corrosive substances.
- Interlocking garage floor tiles – An aesthetically pleasing but easy to install flooring. This is perfect for garages situated in humid or moist areas.
Now, if you’re looking for a good garage door insulation, get one from http://www.ecogaragedoors.com.au. Eco Garage Doors provides modern garage doors to commercial and industrial properties as well.